View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
I have been put off making comment due to the numbers of badges posted and others may feel the same way, but I commend those who have made the effort to help you, and hope you end up knowing you have a good collection and what identifies each badge as being a good one. Regards, Paul.
Thanks Paul for your comments. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of collecting badge by badge due to shipping costs which are quite often higher than the cost of the badge itself and becomes crippling when I need to return something if not original. So for example a 10 GBP badge which turns out not to be original costs me around 30 GBP in shipping getting it to me and returning it (Norwegian mail is very expensive). Then there are customs issues to deal with. If customs takes an interest please add 25% and around 20 GBP in admin fees. Because of this I am 'forced' to buy bulk, rather than being brave, and pray it passes customs unnoticed. And so I ended up with this sizeable number of badges that I would very much like to be checked so I can reclaim my money spend on the fake ones and just as important keeping my collection fake free. I much prefer collecting badges one by one but there are no British cap badges for sale in Norway nor militaria fairs where these badges can be handled or bought. I must admit I do not really enjoy the task of photographing obverse and reverse, resizing, cropping, uploading and so on of so many badges which is taking up a huge amount of time and then asking (hopefully this is not considered by others as pestering) Forum members for help which I know is a big ask considering the number of badges. Sorry. Fortunately help has been forth coming and I really appreciate it! Hopefully everyone's love for these badges and disgust of fakes is big enough so that this help will continue for the last bits of badges and people are not put off by the bulk of it. After this I will slow down and see if I can pick up the badges that are still missing in my collection of the Forum so there will not be a repeat performance of me dumping a whole lot of badges on the Forum in such a short time. Again my appologies. Thanks everyone for your patience and all your help. Cheers, Tom

Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 09-05-21 at 08:19 AM.