Thread: Welsh Regiment
View Single Post
Old 25-03-21, 08:35 AM

That is certainly a very interesting point you make regarding cross upon the crown and something I had never noticed before, I must start looking at this, although, I don't think I will have very many examples anyway, there does seem no shortage of post 1920 examples to be had at the moment, but, the earlier badges are far fewer in number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
Hi Luke,
I’ve offered my opinion before on this type of badge when we discussed the BB badge to the 7th & haven’t changed my opinion. I’m not a fan of this type of heavy block lettering and don’t have it on any of the 19 ORs examples I have in my collection, not including those that are attributed and with the medal groups for my Cardiff Pals collection. The only time I have seen this type of lettering before is on the assumed to be spurious BB 7th offerings that regularly crop up.
One other pointer I have now noted is that the central cross on the crown sticks up above the fluer de lis emblems which is also unique to this badge & doesn’t occur on any of the others that I have.
So it’s a no for me.
Hwyl
Kevin