View Single Post
Old 30-07-20, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
What's the thinking on these 'old school' badges? Do I understand they look to be a mixed collection being sold by the seller- are all the Middlesex duff? Or does it look like these are being faked at the present time? Regards, Paul.
Greetings Paul.

The seller of these 'Old School' items is not a militaria dealer as such, he dabbles in many things, but does sell militaria on occasions, but as far as I know, has very little knowledge of the subject and I suspect uses the term Old School for effect.

If I'm searching for items and I find a listing of his, I often have a look at what else he has, on the off chance he may have something decent. I've yet to find anything.

See Nozzer's post at number 21. He knows the chap who sold the badges to this seller and as he states, the great majority of the collection were fakes, copies and fantasy items.

Re your other posting re 10th Middlesex, (original posting January 2010)

Snap, I have exactly the same badge, silver and yellow metal, blank scroll the same and footed lugs.

The conclusion arrived at by learned members is that the badge is a fake.

However, we now have between us a very impressive looking snide pair of collars to the 10th Middlesex.

Regards

Brian