Thread: Copyright Query
View Single Post
Old 17-12-17, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zob View Post
Hi,

An Interesting link that clearly states that Pinterest prohibits people pinning images to their site without the permission of the owner to do so, and that in most cases this rule is deliberately ignored, and thus demonstrating a clear indication that Pinterest are complicit in the violation of an individual’s copyright, with the deliberate intention of seeking remuneration for somebody else’s work.

Also, I think you’ve got the bit about copyright slightly back to front if you read the copyright laws posted earlier in this very interesting post, as it states that it is the actual photograph and not the subject, which is deemed to be the intellectual property of its creator. Of course, there are instances where permission should be sort in advance before you take a particular shot, such as somebody's art work etc, but by enlarge, if you take a picture of a genuine or reproduction badge in the privacy of your own home for whatever reason, then that picture is yours by right as its creator, and it is to this image that copyright is attached.

To my mind, it appears that no matter how these companies want to twist it, it amounts to nothing more than outright theft whether an un-consenting individual minds or not if their image has been used without consent, and just goes to show just how low people and society will sink in order to make quick and easy buck off the back of other peoples labour.

Kind regards,

Zob.
Yes Zob thats how i understand it.
Andy