View Single Post
Old 03-03-19, 12:28 AM

Two things are evident here and proven facts. If you have something shipped via Global Shipping to Canada from UK, you will pay way more than Royal Mail tracked and signed letter (I’ve had three badges delivered in one padded envelope) for 8.75 GB Pounds postage. As one post explains above, If it’s an expensive item, You may be charged import duty upon arrival of your item (in Canada)
2) You cannot pay import duty to Canada from the UK on mailing an item, Because on mailing, It has not yet arrived in Canada!
Another point made by a previous Post, Write to a prospective seller and explain you do not wish to use the Global shipping option and will therefore not bid on the particular Item unless he/she mails said item via Royal Mail. I have done this twice in the last three years and one seller quickly dropped the Global shipping option. I found that the other seller I dealt with claimed he did not realize how much the item had increased in price to the buyer and after about a month, he had also dropped that option. BEWARE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!