View Single Post
Old 02-10-21, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
As a total noob to the world of cap badges, I got well and truly done over on ebay and one particular seller in general but as far as I am aware ebay are against fake and counterfeit goods being sold and I have used this in the past to get refunded so I am putting most up for a return as fakes to see where it will go, luckily the seller has refunded for some of the badges he sold to me so that will be a partial acceptance on his part that he accepts the badges are bad.
This is getting tiring.

The sale of reproduction cap badges is not illegal.

The seller did not advertise any of their items as original.

They state clearly in all their descriptions in BOLD capitals:

PLEASE BE FULLY AWARE THAT I AM NOT A DEALER OR A COLLECTOR OF CAP BADGES AND I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE SUBJECT, THE ITEMS LISTED ARE FROM MY LATE FATHERS COLLECTION AND I NEED TO FIND NEW HOMES FOR THEM ALL, THEREFORE WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PHOTO'S IS THE EXACT ITEM AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL RECIEVE

OBVIOUSLY IN A USED CONDITION AND REMAINS PRESENTABLE AS SEEN

You have made assumptions or thought you knew when you did not. I genuinely do sympathise with that but you cannot blame the seller publicly, call them a bad seller and insinuate they’ve done you over. Frankly you have done yourself over.

I could understand a degree of ache if this was a business seller pumping out new badges claiming they’re dad’s collection but this does genuinely seem to be what he says.

Unfortunately as is the case with most collections assembled post-1970s there are a lot of fakes but also a few nice pieces.