Thread: RMP SIB LOZENGE
View Single Post
Old 27-10-11, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
Jeremy,

We all know what they are , but as the ADC (no matter who makes it up) have half a mind of their own and half of their civilian advisor it is not much use pursuing the matter. When there were so many Unit Flashes being worn they decreed that they were all to be removed, then issued the decree of once registered with them as a Regiment (including those that did not want to wear one) or Formation badge then they could be worn, not at public expense though. Better things to spend the money on such as FAD and the re-introduction of Barrack Dress, yes, I know that in some units it never went out of use.

Just been re-reading the paper on what badges can be worn on the MTP 'blanking plates', and if you regard the SIB badge as a TRF then it can be worn on the right sleeve instead of the MP badge.

On another point what is or was the official word on the black on green (subdued) SIB badge that I know was being (is being) worn? It was seen in use in Germany, but I have failed to procure one, as everyone I wrote to denied all knowledge of it.

Marc
Is this the image you are looking for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03480.JPG (74.5 KB, 3 views)