View Single Post
Old 16-03-23, 11:46 AM

Default B&P Interest

I have a 11 Hussars Sgt Uniform circa 1903. The uniform was issued to Alfred E East 11th Hussars PAO. Interesting Alfred was certified by the Royal Army Clothing Factory as a Master Tailor on the 4th of July 1903. On researching his history i discovered he was an apprentice tailor before enlisting. On retirement he set up a tailor shop across from the barracks in Ballincollig Co Cork Ireland. He died around 1940. I have not located his grave but will do so (hopefully). I managed to put together a copy(documents) of his military career.

OK back to the question. On researching the Sergeant's Arm Badges of the 11th Hussars PAO Ii found that only one Badge has 3 shanks, The Bent and Parker. This badge as well as the collars had been removed and disposed of prior to me getting the uniform. I would like at some stage to replace these badges if possible but with the correct style and date. Alfred managed to survive his service in WW1. I am fortunate to have the "book" that show the diagrams and methods that were draughted by Alfred for his examination at the Royal Army Clothing Factory.

Sorry going on a bit but there we are.