View Single Post
Old 21-12-11, 03:18 PM
Former Member

Malcolm,
I would be 100% happy with it despite looking like it came from Ammo UK the day before yesterday! The void in the loop of the tail is a good sign and the quality of construction. Do not be put off in the slightest by the bright appearance. This is how these badges would have looked when issued and if never subjected to a cleaning agent, or sweaty fingers, or the light of day, they occasionally turn up like yours! I was given this badge by the family of a Gentleman who served in the Veterinary Corps during the Great War, they claimed he did not like the "New Badge" they gave him in 1920 and still wore his AVC pattern right up until he left a few years later, they have a photo dated 1923 with that badge in wear! This one had been amongst his "War Things" since the day it was given to him and my first thoughts were that it had come from the AMMO stables, but on looking at the back the sweat holes and construction show it to be a c.1920 pattern badge now almost 92 years old and "Bright as a New Penny"..

Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1001 (3).jpg (77.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1002 (3).jpg (65.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1003 (3).jpg (38.2 KB, 48 views)