View Single Post
Old 23-06-20, 04:50 PM

Default Help to identify badges

Hi

I wonder if you could confirm the identity of the two patches shown below. The Crossed Swords and Boomerang I believe to be the formation patch of the Ist Infantry Brigade Group and dating to the 1950s/60s. The second badge with the black swan I believe to be something to do with Western Australia but I don't know what or when it was used.

I'm afraid I don't know much about Australian Army insignia (I'm a Royal Navy collector) but I have purchased them for my friend. He is an Australian who has lived in the UK since the late-1970s. He was an officer in the Australian Army and served as a Captain in Vietnam. He has collected Australian Army insignia for about 10 years. Now in his mid-80s his declining health prevents him from getting to militaria fairs anymore. Following a recent fall downstairs he is now housebound. So I buy any Australian military insignia I come across for him - which isn't a lot in the UK!

I'm sure both the badges shown are very common and easily identifiable but I just can't find any decent source material to help identify them here. So any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Pete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-06-23 Zen - Webmail.jpg (82.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-06-23 Zen - Webmail(1).jpg (85.7 KB, 3 views)