View Single Post
Old 28-09-08, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4966Ian View Post
Hi there,

First post, so please be gentle.

A little bit off-topic, so hope you will excuse it, but hopefully still relevant to the Frontiersmen.
I have had the following lapel/button-hole badge in my collection for quite a while. I have always assumed (probably wrongly) that it was for the Frontiersmen. On the basis that it looks exactly likethe enamel badge in the 3rd pattern cap badge (KK1144). It has the motto "GOD GUARD THEE"
As you can see from the pictures, it looks to have a very nice gilt and enamel finish. It is 16mm in diameter. It also has stamped on the reverse the numbers "21245", which I always took to be the last 5 digits of the wearers army nos. which I promised myself I would research when time was available. (Nope still haven't got round to it).

Regards

Ian
This is indeed the Legion of Frontiersmen lapel badge. It is still in use by Countess Mountbatten's Own-Legion of Frontiersmen ( our Patron granted permission to use her title in 2002) in one form or another. Mountings vary as most are locally made. The number on the back is the membership number of the Frontiersman it was issued to. CMOLF is the original organization founded in 1904 but today several groups exist that use the Frontiersmen name in various forms.