View Single Post
Old 08-03-19, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
I have the website Grandads-kitbag, And I am fortunate the moderators allow me a direct link which I am extremely grateful.

I do not offer very high end insignia as I tend to keep it and yes I freely admit I have on many an occasion had to seek help on here for identification of unknown insignia that I have located, how ever I have 2 golden rules :

1, always offer the badge to a forum member first usually the one persons who contacted me first to identify the badge.

2, If I list a badge for sale on the forum and my website I always discount it to forum members.

Infact I strenuously would recommend the moderators actively encourage dealers to join on here as its a great way of collectors to keep an ` eye` on us and flag up any inconsistencies in dealers stock ....

It shows your upfront and nothing to hide - just my thoughts .

Hello Michael,

I think your policy of offering items to forum members first is a very courteous gesture. I have read posts in the past where it has been suggested those seeking appraisals for sale items should be obliged to make such offers here, though it is of course not set in forum legislature, and not something I agree should be obligatory (just my personal view).

Encouraging dealers to become members may not necessarily be as benign a suggestion as one might think. Though I maintain the right to withhold the the person's name, I once heard a well known and respected dealer say at a badge fair that he considered members of this forum all to be pr*ts, but that he'd still take our money.

It goes without saying that this should under no circumstances be considered indicative of all dealers' attitudes. The relationship between collectors and dealers is reciprocal and (hopefully) mutually beneficial.

JT