Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 28-09-20, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
I’ve rotated the picture of the B’ham Pals and bottom row and they are fakes too I’m afraid of the variety attached.

Like Alan said this could be a painful process. Looking at the cavalry board there are many fakes there too. I suspect your grandad only began collecting post 1970s, likely far more recently, when the market was saturated with repros.

The only remaining board which has badges which may be of significant value is the top two rows of the one I’ve attached. The red crosses denote fakes.

To be honest, if the person in the shop makes you a decent offer I’d snap their hand off. The fakes are worth perhaps a couple of quid each on eBay, that’s if they sell, and like you said individual photos and packaging of each is a lot of work.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
Cheers Luke, i think you could be right! collecting after circa 1970 would be about right i’m in honest, i would have imagined he had some legit ones and decided to try and expand on what he had maybe from just an aesthetic and hobby point of view, really appreciate your comments and advice to be honest! i think the last thing i would have wanted to do is go into a shop and get low balled but from the feedback i have an idea of what to expect to be honest! Cheers👍🏼