View Single Post
Old 12-07-22, 09:48 PM

Gentlemen, I think the Highland Brigade badge makes the most sense. I was trying to look for WWII-era badges.

One thought is that the TOS was purchased prior to 1952 and never worn, or it was made by Wm & Sons and not purchased. It was then sold after 1958 to an officer of the A&S. So, a WWII-era TOS, with a post-1958 badge. Better is if it was a father's TOS passed down and rebadged. Final thought is the Royal Warrant from George VI did not expire for some time (5 years?) and was still being put on the labels at the time, or just prior, to the Highland and Lowland Brigade badges being made mandatory for wear. I wish I had more of the name than just the rank and an "R".

I collect primarily post-1952 Scottish headgear, so it appears I was actually sticking with my focus and didn't know it!

I have a Highland Brigade cap badge somewhere in my collection. I will see if it fits. If we have a match, then I will look for an officer's badge for the TOS. I assume they are not as expensive as a WWII-era A&S officer badge. At least I hope not.

Reid

Last edited by Reid10; 12-07-22 at 10:12 PM.