View Single Post
Old 02-07-19, 11:05 PM

Always nice to see another’s collection of buttons. I have to say though that I envy those who collect the well documented Regiments of foot or the County regiments. I would almost hint that you’ve got it easy!. You all know what there is to be found, you just have to hunt them down!. In my own case, collecting Artillery buttons, I’m finding great difficulty in reference books. Litchfield’s book of artillery buttons is great. As yet, I cannot find them all (Probably never will) but I do have 5 buttons that are Not in his book! So for me, it’s continuously feeding into my browser “Artillery buttons” which of course gets me all kinds of American or other countries artillery buttons. It’s no good typing “Royal Artillery” as I then miss all the County, City or Town volunteers. Can anyone point me to a better way of searching? I’m wondering how our member, the F.S. Fighting knife man searches for his Militia buttons? Best regards, D.J. PS, My son once found me a button after mistyping ARTILLARY, there was only two under that heading, one of which I did not have!