Thread: Album Questions
View Single Post
Old 22-02-09, 08:23 AM

Seeing the RUC rank pips and crowns in Ulstermans RUC album reminded me of something that happened in the 1970`s.

I was in correspondence with a Canandian collector who had 2 cap badges of the 5th V.B. KLR ( Liverpool Irish ) a QVC and a KC example, which he was prepared to exchange for something for his own collection.

When I asked him what he would take in exchange he said he had an interest in the RUC and wanted sufficent pips and crowns to mount a display showing all the various ranks. I did not for one moment expect the RUC to be prepared to sell such items and thought that the Canadian collector might have tried them ( The RUC ) directly in the first place ,but as I was very keen to get hold of the Liverpool Irish badges I wrote off to the RUC and explained what I wanted and why.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I recieved a reply saying they would sell me as many pips and crowns as I needed for 10p each.So for about £2 I ended up with the 2 badges.

I still cannot believe my luck but the badges are there in my albums to prove it happened.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”