View Single Post
Old 15-10-22, 11:18 AM

Default KOSB Bronze Officer’s Cap Badge

Hi all found the badge.

You can see remains of Bronze Wash to front and rear of badge, front looks good the Jewels, Lion, Lettering, and the pebbly grit, all look good- a lovely badge, the rear you can see the Bronze Wash and is darker (not a fan of rear) lugs being half round flats to inner face, the loops you see this better with the flat to inner face of loop!

O/K I know the provenance being the 1st Gulf War I was detached to RAF Odium making Chaff Dispensers for Chinook and Puma (Anti Aircraft misfile safety flare dispenser’s) after 12 days on we had a day off, the pub I was having a drink in, the Landlady brought a bag of her Husband’s - Grandfather’s down from upstairs within a picture of him wearing Red Cross Armband and containing 80+ Bronze Officer’s badges, this and a Manchester Pals being gifted too me, so not bought from an Antique shop, a stall nor car boot sale, this was always with allOriginal WW1 Officer’s Bronze badges.

Now I know these are not meant to be! have been told it’s not real because they where never made this way! Fine! why then does this badge exist in a bag of badges not seen the light of day since WW1 and found in the back of a wardrobe?

I am happy with it because I seen what was with it! would a private purchase explain it? Is there something about the badge that screams it is bad? Look forward to hearing your views, all the best Billy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 87AFB340-FE7A-468B-8F37-503BC2E4EAF8.jpg (71.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 3F50D3DC-CA04-48DA-9964-C3357EB21E51.jpg (71.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 2A09A95B-958A-422D-B04F-C6737A088DEF.jpg (56.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by billy; 15-10-22 at 11:59 AM.