View Single Post
Old 19-02-14, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Ihaka View Post
Brent, why would Australians make numeral badges of this size when they have no use for them? Their numeral badges are 20mm.
Wayne oddly as it seems I don’t have the answer for that yet, but I am sure just by discussing it we may actually solve this mystery.

Quote:
Funny also how they are the same size as NZ numeral badges and end at #50 which just coincides with the last reinforcement draft called to camp in NZ.
The last reinforcements to enter camp were the 51st Reinforcements. However men who were to make up the 52nd, 53rd and 54th Reinforcements had received their call up papers and dates of which they had to report at camp.

Quote:
Finally if all Australian made badges are for Australian use as you say these stokes made numeral badges are why do we have Stokes made NZ shoulder titles and other badges from WW1 period which would be reasonable to assume were issued to NZ troops?
Wayne keep your eye on the little ball, I never said that “all Australian made badges are for Australian use.”
Take your time, reread my comments especially where I say “So far.” If you look hard enough you will see I am simply collecting information, yes it may look like I am pushing Vigilans buttons, that’s because I am, sadly he is on the right track but I am starting to think the voices echoing in his head are preventing him from seeing a much bigger picture.

Quote:
You call for proof on NZ use.
Calling for proof seemed logical to me.

Quote:
They fit the size of NZ badges that would have been used but conversely there is absolutely no evidence that they were ever used for Australian purposes being the wrong size.
So far as I can see, there has been absolutely no evidence produced that the Stoke numerals in question were ever used by New Zealand Reinforcements.

Quote:
I would say they are far more likely to have been used by NZ than Australian troops based on what I have heard here
I myself am leaning toward the Stokes made numerals having never have been worn at all.

However just as a point of interest, the amount of “14” numerals sold by ‘Big-mama-nz’ on Trade me is around 17, and the number of “32” numerals was also around 17.

Wayne if you took the time to count up all the numerals that Big mama has sold on Trade me you will start to see patterns emerging.
The most notable pattern is that Big mama has only sold numerals between 14 and 50.
14 = 17
15 = 1
16 = 0
17 = 0
18 = 3
19 = 0
20 = 11

I believe the shortages of numerals from 15 to 19 will be our best hope to ascertain if these badges were worn New Zealand reinforcements.
So to prove it lets see what 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19 NZ reinforcement shoulder titles are in forum members collections?????????????

It has been almost one year since we started to see badges such as the Stokes numerals flood Trade me, and it is interestingly just over one year since we started to see NZMC collar badges (made by Stokes) 11th Auckland MR badges and Bugle horn cap and collars also flood the Trade me market by the seller Kamasu.
The interesting part is that Big-mamma-nz (Anna) and Kamasu (Mark) both happen to live in Palmerston North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilans View Post
You have gone quiet Brent?
For someone who kept on mentioning “I don't really care” I am not sure why you are still here, but if you are serious about getting to “the crux of this conundrum” stop acting the dick and contribute like a grown up.

Last edited by atillathenunns; 09-03-14 at 08:40 AM.