Thread: PayPal
View Single Post
Old 28-07-21, 09:56 AM

I've had this too, and initially they paid in to my usual bank account. However, like most I used Paypal for my collecting, so I paid out, and anything I sold went in, so it was self generating. I don't want odd payments from ebay in with my bank account, which I use for bills and odd spends.

So I have opened a new bank account just for my ebay payments so I can keep an easier track of them. Its also useful because I have a plastic card with the account, so when I sell and go to the post office to post, I can use it to pay so the money comes out of the same account.

However, the really annoying thing now is that before every transaction was available on paypal - buyer, address, item, payment, fee etc - which was handy not only to check things, but also now and again I could go back and either get details from someone who had bought off me a while before, or to check other sales with that person. Now paypal is effectively blank with no details of any ebay sales outside a reference number, which they have backdated to the year dot.