View Single Post
Old 14-12-07, 09:07 PM

Your badge number 1 is the 1954 pattern.

Badge number 3, is the older (1954) pattern with the addition of the wheel from the later (1965) pattern, these were made for and sold by the Royal Artillery Association, useing the Officers version as the pattern.

Badges number 3 and 4 are the beret and cap badge sealed in 1965, the first production did not get the gold colour correct. Some still tend to be found in more of a silver colour.

Badge number 5, I need to check, but, I think it was made for sale through the PRI shop when the DRA ordered that all WOs would wear brass badges.

The small silver scrolled RA grenade (collar) badges were worn by some Officers in the Khaki beret and by members of some of the O.T.Us during WWII. Also worn in BD by 268th (Warwickshire) Fd Regt RA (TA) 1950-1956.

Chromed or silver dipped CAP badges and RA grenade collar badges were worn by some Royal Horse Artillery Regiments until the introduction of their own collar badges c1970.

For those of you who have a soldiers size Officers bronze RA collar grenade, these were produced by a company in 1989, for some newly commissioned Officers. They were of course told to remove them on arrival in their Regiment.

Hope this helps. I have some dates someplace will try to dig them out.