View Single Post
Old 06-11-14, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Quote: "...there were many badges authorised but for which no physical evidence is known to exists (well to me at least). e.g... KC 16th/5th The Queen’s Royal Lancers,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps this might be of interest? I have always believed it to be a fake or knock-off of some kind.

Sorry no better image of the loops at this time, but they are quite flimsy, with very narrow holes and are not like any other loops or lugs I have ever seen on any other badge.

Best regards to all

William
Hi William,

From our old friend Mr Azam...

3. The M. Azam & Sons Unofficial Commissions
First established in 1917 at Ludhiana (then) India, but moved in 1947 to Lahore, West Pakistan. From the late 1970s, at least, M. Azam & Sons were located at 5-C, Fazal Building, Cooper Road, P.O. Box 1290, Lahore, West Pakistan. (10) At the time they called themselves Army, Police, Navy & Air Force Contractors and Outfitters and were members of the Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry.

The main advertised lines of manufacture were:

ALL WORLD ARMY CAP BADGES
(Ask for 1500 Cap Badges Illustrated List for Collector)
MILITARY UNITS METALIC OR SILVER ANODISED
GOLD CAP BADGES SUPPLIED AT VERY REDUCED PRICES

followed by:

WHY PAY 500% MORE WHY NOT SEND US YOUR
REQUIREMENTS SAMPLES BY AIR, WE WILL
QUOTE ROCK BOTTOM PRICE

I always loved the bit at the end re: Why pay 500% more...

A member of the forum here has some M. Azam & Sons sales catalogues, which are possibly dated ‘1-1-74’ but difficult to be 100% re: printing of date..

Unfortunately, quite a few collectors have been buying these items over the years and I have to admit, when a KC KOSB first came my way I had quite a time trying to work out where it came from. In fact, it took me almost a year to track down the company which is still today trading. The obvious entities with these badges is the pitting to the rear of the badge and the flat curved ind lugs with a small hole in.

More information on Azam and other examples are illustrated on pages 193 and 151 of Anodised Aluminium: The 'No Bull' Cap Badge of the British Army.

Regards

Chris