View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_2817 View Post
There is/was also an issued Silver/Gilt/Enamel Coloured OSD Cap & Collar Badges for Jewish Chaplin's for use in No1 Dress Cap.
Hi Mike,

The modern Jewish Chaplains badge is Army Dress Committee authorised but Army Chaplains Department aquired. i.e. it is held by the Chaplains themselves and is not issued ex-stores. It has no NSN nor pattern No for it.

I have correponded extensively with Colonel M Newman, chairman of Jewish Committee for HM Forces on this subject and about the reasons why the badge was aquired by the Chaplains themselves.

Most of the Jewish Chaplains regalia was acquired from eBay and refurbished. However, TKS were approached for the cap badge. This is marked TOYE UK WWW.TOYE.COM (Over two lines).

Example is shown below comes from the most reliable of sources. From the initial batch by TKS (number unfortunately not known but possibly just 50) TKS kept a number for sale to collectors. I noticed one for sale a few months ago and posted a 'heads up' on the forum. I think it sold for 20GBP.

I was also informed that TKS may also have commissioned a second batch of 100 but this is speculation. The dies were then lost.

Any other versions to the one shown are therefore 'knock offs' even if marked by TKS and are most certainly not ex Chaplain's dept who, post their initial order, would have no reason to commission any further examples of this item.

Regards,

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NMY05.jpg (55.9 KB, 29 views)