View Single Post
Old 25-06-14, 06:20 PM

Malawi is a two part cap badge there should be a "sun" shaped circle above it

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservator View Post
Any ideas on the identity of any of these?

1. I think that this is a Malawi Army cap badge. Was it worn on its own or in conjunction with another badge?

Attachment 108137

Attachment 108138

2. This looks to be a skill-at-arms badge but I haven't come across this configuration before. Due to the orientation of the star, it looks like it was meant to be worn with the rifle in the vertical. Any ideas?

Attachment 108139

3. This BWVC badge is sand cast and looks typical of most pre-independence Indian badges. It has a pin on the reverse, perhaps for attachment to a turban and looks a little tarnished on the reverse, indicating some silver content, possibly an officer's badge. I'm tempted to think the 'VC' is 'volunteer corps', but am unable to find anything that would fit. Could I be looking in the wrong place?

Attachment 108140

Attachment 108141

4. This is an unusual badge. The design is Scottish, as is the central crown. It looks to be of good quality, it is gilt and has withstood being buried somewhere for some time. Some corrosion is evident on the reverse. It looks to have once been fitted with a slider. The initials, CAVC, lead me to think volunteer corp or volunteer cavalry.

Attachment 108142

Attachment 108143

Views welcome.
Many thanks.
George