View Single Post
Old 29-11-21, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery909 View Post
A dusty box of badges being found at the back of a storeroom shelf; now that I can understand, but six locally-made airborne badges?.

I was happy with the information that I was given. It came via a friend of someone whose record keeping of airborne and special forces fakes is impeccable.
The AAC is not a rare badge despite being Airborne. On any given day on eBay you can buy a real one (or 8 in total listed tonight). However I appreciate a genuine theatre made AAC would be scarcer, but… stranger things have happened.

I had not seen a genuine Sharpshooters IY for sale for well over a year, perhaps two. Then in 2020 within the space of 6 months I saw 5 come onto the market, 3 appearing within a fortnight! No more have surfaced since and it is now over a year on.

May I ask since those six how many have you seen since and how long has it been?

Re your man was this their opinion based on six appearing in short order or did they evidence a single seller or spurious source as being responsible?

A few eBayers I know of involved in the sale of cast copies are ‘5555destination’ (or whatever his latest alias is), ‘peterg5733’, ‘pe1ju2’ and ‘int.militaria’. It should be noted the last three do state their wares are not original in the descriptions. I’m yet to see an AAC amongst their offerings.