View Single Post
Old 25-02-09, 09:17 PM

Hi Paul

Glad to hear you too think my latest acquisition seems to be authentic, and that you feel likewise about the Lambourne D.C.L.I. one as well. I’m afraid I don’t have a picture of the back of the Loos badge, and the gentleman who sent the photo to me could not explain the red discolouration on the badge – as neither can I!!. It was the lugged Leicestershire badge that sold for just under £46.00, it was listed as First World War but as it was in South Africa I think it’s more likely to have been Boer War, don’t you? Yes, Northamptons’ badges are on my list - I am restricting myself to the regiments that family served in during the Great War and after, and it was my wife’s grandfather who was a regular in the Northamptonshire Regiment. Anyway, many thanks for confirming what I was thinking about the collar badges and buttons, I think I need to look into things a bit more before I start on the shoulder titles. By the way, can you point me in the direction of any good threads on the Forum about slider design at all?

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 25-02-09 at 09:29 PM.