View Single Post
Old 15-10-20, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dg View Post
Hi Dean
It's going to be a cracking display when finished.
Just a note on the Yorkshire Dragoons, I've a number of photos to do with them, 1914/15, the OR's are wearing a mix of the QO entwined blues collar as a cap badge, but mainly the smaller blackened rose badge, as attachment.
Also the shoulder title is the TY type, either the separate TY on your title, or the one that's joined together, hope this helps.
Best wishes

Chris
That’s the FN badge often found on small slider which you do need to be a bit careful of as they’ve clearly been restruck from the original die since they are seen with sliders marked ‘ENGLAND’ as per that batch of repros from the 1970s.

Apart from FN other noted makes of YD badges are F.E. Woodward, Smith & Wright B’ham and Gaunt.

My advice would be to steer clear of badges with the 5 central dots, vast majority of these are MM fakes. Lastly if you’re seeking a 1914 representation avoid the WM version as this is post WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiguy View Post

New daughter notwithstanding, if you do have a moment eventually, I'd appreciate a look at your Yorkshire Hussars. I've had three of these, none of which I've been happy about. I'm loathe to try for another until I'm absolutely clear on what features an original possesses. Especially the configuration of the jewels in the coronet.
Mark, the easiest way to be sure with one of these is find one on a long slider, braze hole behind the coroner and strip of brass reinforcing. I may have one spare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9C63D9D8-0739-4506-973E-B9B58CDED3A5.jpeg (47.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0AFB637C-D02D-4AC2-8FF3-463347EEA5C7.jpg (31.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Luke H; 15-10-20 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added pic of Yorks Hussars