View Single Post
Old 02-10-21, 11:04 PM

Greetings JT.
Not much to help with your bloke, but the following may interest you.

Crissy, (also shown as Chrissy, Crissey and Cristabel) Bell Hall, so Crissy Bell could be badly written records for Cristabel, was born in Ham, near Rochester 27.12.1883.

On 3.7.1904, she married your bloke, who was at the time a coal porter.

As you know, he died on 31.10.18 and I found a record showing he died at Brook, however, I have no idea where that is, nor can I locate it on Google maps, but I suspect it is in England.

On 21st December 1918 Crissy Bell Mowles married John Anthony Woods, a Chief Petty Officer in The Royal Navy.

In 1948, she was living in Fulham and at some stage she emigrated to Canada and died in Ontario in February 1961.

Now the intriguing bit, a Crissy Bell Hall is shown as marrying Edwin T Harrison on 8th October 1916 in Hornchurch.

I don’t believe that two ladies of the same name are involved, both shown as being born in 1883 and the father’s name for both marriages is James Thomas Hall.

Perhaps the word is Prison and she was in fact a bigamist, as suggested by Gary.

See below for Soldier’s effects.

Soldiers effects.jpg

Now, even more intrigue, I do believe that the name shown as to whom his effects are authorised is Crissy B Woods.

Regards.