View Single Post
Old 06-04-16, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Bess

Again I can only refer to Chris' research that records that whilst the design was approved, it was not officially produced. Chris may be able to elaborate more.

The local TA Bn for Hants and the IOW from 1971 was 2 Wessex who wore the Wessex bde badge until 1992 when they rebadged to PWRR.

Alan
As I understand it, A Coy, 2 Wessex was formed from the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Territorials. This badge and this amalgamation is also described in KK where the badge can be found ref 2387 in the 2nd Volume first published in 1979.

There is clearly something unusual here. As you say 1 & 2 Wessex began 1971, so where that leaves things I'm not sure. So the badge if it were worn would have to have been pre 1971 one would assume then?

In addition to the Gaunt made badge you show, there is also a Firmin London marked example and a blank slidered one too. They appear to come from differing dies and each have different sliders which would indicate three separate origins, which would be odd for a badge never issued perhaps.

Either way, its all healthy debate.

Best regards all

Bess

Last edited by bess55; 06-04-16 at 09:19 PM. Reason: spelling error