View Single Post
Old 02-11-15, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
Still begs the question; why move the artifacts to Brockville?
Richard, are there any archives from the VRC in Brockville?
Last night,after reading these posts about the VRC, I called a friend of mine who knows a lot more about this subject and he told me when a decision was made to close down and disband the VRC and transfer the Regt.de Maisonneuve to the VRC armoury on Cathcart St..(for those knowing Montreal)......most if not all the regiments' uniforms,various equipment, the Band's bugles and drums,and even the Officer's and Sgt's mess silver and tables,chairs and whatnot were sent to the Stewart Museum on Ile Ste-Hélène.
He told me that the museum had a display, in small room, exactly as the Sgt's mess would be in the Cathcart St. armoury with dressed dummy,a table,chairs and silverware......
When there was a major renovatrion of the Stewart museum about 20 years or more ago the VRC stuff disappeared,actual location "officially" unknown......

Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.

Last edited by Voltigeur; 02-11-15 at 03:45 PM.