View Single Post
Old 04-05-17, 01:09 PM

Default Royal Signals WO1 Bandmaster wearing "Jimmy" collar badges with a crown?

british-army-officer-wearing-a-red-tunic-and-medals-at-a-cerimonial-A6EW75.jpgDear Friends.

I wonder if any member of the Forum could now advise me if the Dress Regulations regarding the wearing of Bullion/Wire Woven collar badges when wearing the Red Tunic for the Royal Signals Band has changed.

My reason for asking is based on the attached photo of the Bandmaster of the Corps Band when on duty at an engagement in Bristol I think last year 2016 quite clearly wearing collar badges on an all gold collar with both badges have Queens Crowns above "Jimmy". I have never seen this configuration before. Even the gold braid collar is new to me.

I have always been of the opinion that both the Bandsmen, Director Of Music and the Bandmaster all wore just the "Jimmy" on a blue collar with gold piping and definitely no crown.

I have also attached four random photos of both Directors of Music and Bandmasters over the years and I have listed them as they appear left to right. None of them have the "Jimmy" with a crown or a gold coloured collar.

1. Capt. David Barringer Director of Music Royal Signals Jul 2009.
2. Capt. Shane O'Neill Director of Music Royal Signals Jul 2015
3. WO1 Colin Hales Bandmaster Royal Signals Band Jul 2008
4. WO1 Estelle Gouws Bandmaster Royal Signals Jul 2013

Any information would be most gratefully received.

Kind regards

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk