View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 04:34 PM

It is not genuine, it was not produced for or originally worn by the regiment concerned, moreover, I would doubt that it could be reasonably described as vintage either, the description is very deliberate and intended to deceive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post
I looked at this listing for this badge and suspect that in a court of law, he would win. Saying it is genuine badge for the lowland regt is true, as it is a "genuine" badge for that regt. What it is not is a vintage lowland regt badge. That said, in the UK, "genuine" may be used in the same context as "vintage", so that would negate what I have said above.

What would have concerned me is how clean and bright the badge is - everywhere! I also looked at some of his other badges, and what jumped out at me right off, was the flaw on the KRRC badge (You taught me well Luke). When I am thinking of buying a badge from eBay and I am not already sure I look at his other items for fakes, and would probably ask here. However, unless it's something I know well enough to feel comfortable about I prefer to buy from members and reputable dealers.

Terry