View Single Post
Old 13-01-21, 10:44 PM

Default Henry Brown 1 Commando

Hi all,
Just registered on here, after finding it via a Google search for Henry Brown and 1 Commando, as I’m researching my grandfathers (Thomas Hall) Second World War journey, and they were together in the same unit, plus No.2 Independent Company before that as well, so was grateful to come across this forum website and see information on here that has filled some gaps in my research, so with that, could I please ask if I could copy the documents and maybe share them too? Also, is there anything else of Henry Brown or the unit’s mentioned that could be of use to augment what I already have, including capbadges, shoulder flashes and badges, lanyard, paybook, release papers and much more. I had correspondence with Henry and Ron later on, before and after my grandfathers passing in 1982, as he was in was in Norway where he was wounded at Bodo, Norway and then No.1 Commando, after he recovered, through French coast raids, Operation Torch, the Med, Burma and Hong Kong. He was in Henry’s Admin HQ troop before being transferred to 3 troop before the Battle of Hill 170, Kangaw. Have enjoyed reading the documents and seeing the photos on here. Look forward to any replies and thanks in advance.
Regards,
Darren Little.

Last edited by Npteggchaser; 15-01-21 at 07:57 PM.