Thread: Repairs
View Single Post
Old 23-03-13, 04:21 PM

Hiya Dave,

I've not sent any repairs as of yet, because you did mention this issue before on the forum, and also you stated that you will have to hold back on the repairs for a little while, ........ but just so you understand, a little pointer for you;

"Your Health is far more important to you, your family & all of us"

A little word to those who are concerned for their badges, and I'm of the opinion there are none, as you are trusted by all;

We are in this hobby to collect badges that are hard to acquire, this can & is a waiting game, as some badges don't come around too often, and I also understand the need to hold them, show them and look at them.

When we find one that is damaged, cheap and looks like it needs repair, we are over the moon. We then have to send it off to have it repaired, this is another waiting game, and a part of being a collector of badges.

When we have in our midst an artist of the highest quality, like Dave, we should be lookinng after him and his health, not making matters worst for him.

Dave isn't the only one on the forum with health issues either, so think about this when commenting or sending private correspondence to others.

An old saying comes to mind; "Engage Brain Before Opening Mouth"

I had to wait about 6 months for a badge repair, due to me not meeting up with the repairer, he said he could post it to me, but I said "no, I'll pick it up at Farnham next time it was on". As with all repairs of quality, they are worth the wait, and Dave I have a number of badges here in my house that need repairs on OSD Blades etc, so do not venture out "UNTIL" it gets warmer for you, and acceptable for Kath to allow you out.

Take care buddy, and an old chinese proverb from a waggon drivers saying from the Victorian Era of 20th century springs to mind;

Keep it moist !!
(Well? you never know when you might need to use it again, ..... do you?)

Ken (The Fatboy)

PS Now to highjack the thread; I got the badges Jerry !! sorry Dave