View Single Post
Old 03-03-16, 08:52 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ticker' Riley View Post
Thank you for all the latest responses Gentlemen. Interesting to hear that both Julian (KLR) and Andy (2747andy) seem to think the paint job could have been someone trying to turn an all-gilding metal badge into something else, though if it had been a collector then they did a very poor job of it as far as I can see!

I’d certainly agree that it’s highly unlikely a serving soldier would have taken a perfectly serviceable badge and then plastered it with paint, so I am still of the opinion it could well have been the handiwork of a child. Having said that, the examples that Julian speaks of for the Kings mean there is actually some kind of precedent for painting badges, albeit to make them look like officers’ ones (by the way I wouldn’t mind seeing these sometime Julian, if you didn’t mind?).

Many thanks again for the postings, it’s always good to have the views of others.

Best regards

Martin
Martin,
If keeping it, I'd leave it as it is, it's a curio and to remove the paint would make it just another common or garden all Gm badge.

Andy