View Single Post
Old 28-07-08, 09:03 PM

Paul

I only have one type for the 85th the other again was in the Army Museum in Halifax. The type I have is a green armband with the Numbers "85" in red. I have seen about four of this type over the years. The other from memory is a Khaki armband with the battalion patch on it I have only seen the one of these. I will try and find the example I have next week and get it posted while I am on vacation I have to locate a number of things anyways. I am not really sure where I put the thing but if you seen the state of where I keep my collection you will understand I have boxes on top of boxes. The only thing I can say is some what in order is the medals I have here I keep them in shadow box frames for the most part the rest are in a cabnet waiting to get mounted. I have been looking for the second type of 85th and the 25th armband for years with no luck as I mentioned yours is the first 25th one I have seen.

I do have a old rather poor photo of the armband for now if you look at the bottom of the kilt you will see the "85". The stuff in the rest of the photo was thrown together for another collector to see it was taken about 15+ years ago other then the equiptment all the material in the photo belonged to one man Pte Arthur E. Rudolph of the 85th.

Stephen

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85th Battalion uniform.jpg (57.9 KB, 21 views)