Thread: KOSB
View Single Post
Old 11-11-22, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Herring View Post
Unless my eyes are off, the relative size of the lugs and the badge suggest it is the small size adjutant's forage cap badge.

Phil
This in Not an Officers Design Badge, it is an OR's design badge, if it is a small size, hard to tell as picture does not show or illustrate its size, I would require to know the size before attributing its function, as a sealed pattern KOSB badge.

Regards this thing about the Adjutant of the KOSB wearing Peaked Cheese Cutter design Forage cap, note the Military Band Master also wore it for a short period of time, I have photographs of both wearing normal size officers design cap badges on this headdress and also the small fully fretted cap badge of officers design. This form of headdress was only worn for a few years and quite unique to the Regiment.

It is illustrated and discussed in my new book.

Warm wishes
Hiram

Last edited by Borderer; 11-11-22 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling