View Single Post
Old 28-08-22, 06:50 AM

Default RSA Badge and medal Collection

Hi peoples, I am a Kiwi, ex RNZAF.
I am a member of the local RSA and they have asked me to sort thru all their badging and memorabilia.
They have asked me to build a 'veterans table' for the bar, which they want to inlay badges etc and then cover with glass. This with be for Vet's only.

They have begun giving me Metal badges to sort thru and identify, but I am a little over whelmed at the amount of material.(there is boxes and boxes) I am hoping I can gain some knowledge from the forum and its members to help me identify some things and perhaps provide some back story's.
I have spent a couple of hours looking over things and so far I have stuff from the Boer War thru to about the 50's. I haven't got to the later stuff yet. Some is Kiwi, some is Aussie, some Canadian and lots of Pommy stuff. Most is filthy and packed with old polish, a couple are broken, there is cap badges, collar, cuff and Titles....even found 2 General rank crossed sword and staff.
Ideally I will spend more time on the stuff relevant to NZ, but it would be nice to identify all that I can. I have become very interested suddenly lol
I'll enclose a pic of the First batch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220828_122223[1].jpg (78.3 KB, 122 views)