View Single Post
Old 02-05-22, 05:40 PM

Default Unknown Crowned monogram/cypher badges X 2

Submitted for your consideration are two Crowned, entwined initials, monogram cyphers badges, both in white metal, unmarked silver or silver plate. They are as follows:

Badge 1. (top). A series of entwined initials, as best as I can decipher, from left to right "M", "V", "L" and "C", surmounted by a Crown and the letter "I" or the number "1". It measures 75 mm (3 inches) high X 124 mm (4 7/8 inches) wide. It is quite robust in construction. The reverse has four screw posts, 1/2 inch in length.

Badge 2. (bottom). A series of entwined initials, as best as I can decipher, from left to right "L", "M", "V" and "C". Though it could be, alternatively, an "M" and "H" in there. Initials surmounted by a Crown and the letter "I" or the number "1". It measures 55 mm (2 1/8 inches) high X 70 mm (2 3/4 inches) wide. It is quite robust in construction. The reverse has three screw posts, 1/2 inch in length.

Any information on the identification, date and use of these insignia would be appreciated. Thank you.

with kindest regards to all,

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1a.jpg (82.9 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 1b.jpg (83.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 1c.jpg (52.2 KB, 22 views)