View Single Post
Old 11-12-10, 05:48 PM

Splendid posts and many really wonderful insights into this enigma of a hobby. Definately a difference between dealers and sellers. Some of both categories are very, very honest and some are very, very (place your own description here)
I am 71 years old and can remember "once upon a time" when honesty was the policy. Unfortunately, those days are gone in pursuit of the almighty $, be in dollars or pound sterling. This is truly an unfortunate occurance, because it makes what was once a pleasure, now a minefield, and the nasties who plant the mines are not the least regretful about it.
I recall the early seventies, prior to the restrike/fake/fantasy age, when one could buy a genuine badge and not be concerned about it's provenence. Alas, the crooks amoung us have ruined that, in pursuit of monetary rewards. They are nothing less than thieves and more's the pity that they cannot be punished for it.
I truly feel sorry for the youngster who decides to pursue this hobby. It has become frought with people who will solemly swear lies (much like todays politicians.)
Rant ended,
Dr B