View Single Post
Old 18-08-18, 01:10 AM

Bravo BC!

Clearly, those materials are quite historically important. I do hope that they end up preserved in a museum collection in due course.

The sample of the First Armoured Regiment is only the second period manufactured specimen I've ever seen... the few others that I've seen in circulation have invariably been repros. The 3rd 4th Cav is another that is normally only seen in its repro form... so it's nice to see a period made sample being documented. Of course, the same can be said for many of the others... a pristine PNGVR title is very nice to see and the Australian Army Medical Women's Service is rarely seen... as are the Red Cross items

It never ceases to maze me that the ADF does not preserve its procurement information more thoroughly. It's left to enthusiasts like us to make any real attempt to do that. If you have the time to take clear images the production numbers and any date information on the scarce and or more commonly faked items, that would be valuable information I am sure. I find that slapping sheets on a scanner can be a good quick way to deal with curling papers and depth of field or focus issues with written details (especially handwriting).

In any event... nicely done and thanks for sharing that!

Mark

charliebravobooks.com
Co Author of: “Metal Uniform Embellishments of the Australian Army”
Post 1953 (the QEII era) Vol 1 and Vol 2