View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 05:40 PM

Default VTC Mufti Badges

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have just created a new album titled, naturally enough, VTC Mufti badges. These are the 74 mufti badges I own, out of the 125ish that I know about. I think there are probably as many again...

The London and Manchester areas (what would now be the 'Greater' metropolitan areas) feature strongly, but the British Isles is widely represented.

I would welcome your comments, particularly as there are a few badges in there that might be suspect. A good example is the London Civic Guard, which Hugh King featured in a VTC mufti article in the MHS Bulletin, but which has since been identified as WW2 rather than WW1. Some of the Rifle Club badges are of the right period and the right construction, but I'm not always 100% sure.

I am very keen to expand the collection, if only the collection of photographs. I will gratefully receive pictures of any that I don't have, either for my use only, or to post alongside those featured...

Thanks, all. I look forward to any observations, contributions, or comments you might care to make.

Best regards,
Tim