View Single Post
Old 25-11-11, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-origin...item256992d5ba

£90 for Fife and Forfar badge. Somebody would be better off buying a copy of your book with that money. Please do not let this bidder be a Forum member!
Well the Highland Yeomanry on the left is OK but the other is an unofficial commission from the late 1980's instigated by a dealer.

This is waht I have on the Highland Yeomanry:

1. The correct designation of this badge is the Highland Yeomanry which replaced the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry and Scottish Horse in 1956.
2. This badge is described by Edwards as ‘...A knight in armour mounted on a horse caparisoned (the County badge of Fife, known as the Thain of Fife) superimposed on St. Andrew’s Cross...’.
3. There is no evidence of the preceding badges of the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry and Scottish Horse being authorised for issue in anodised aluminium with the Highland Yeomanry badge initially catalogued as CB 7972, in LoC change C 8857, dated 30th November 1958. This was two years after the Fife and Forfar Yeomanry and Scottish Horse were amalgamated to form the Highland Yeomanry.
4. Contract No. 1302, dated 13th May 1960, consisted of 200 badges that were sent to Branston.
5. Priced on the 25th November 1966 at 3 shillings and 5 pennies each.

My youngest daughter is going to be as happy as a dog with two bones when I show her this. A few years ago when going through my duplicates box she found the 'horsey' badge and prised it from me for a stick of licorice and three jelly babies...

Smart kid.

Regards

Chris