View Single Post
Old 09-03-24, 06:43 PM

Default Sweetheart badges

I started to collect badges in about 1943 when I was aged almost 6, I lived in Mitcham Surrey and ended up with badges that were British, American, South african, Polish, and so many other countries because every time I saw a soldier sailor or airman in uniform I would ask for one of his or her badges and I ended up with hundreds of badges by the end of WW2 and when I migrated with my parents to Australia in 1948 they were the only things I brought with me because on the ship to migrate we were only allowed to bring so many trunks and suitcases, so I had to leave my big collection of parts of german bombs behind with a friend. I still have lots of badges, sold most of them years ago, but have a sweetheart badge from London Scottish Regiment, turtle shell with silver and hallmarked, rifle with Royal Artillery badge on it silver rifle and gold artillery badge, also hallmarked, and a collar badge of the Huntingdonshire Regiment which was amalgamated with the Surreys in about 1882, and will sell them if anybody is interested. I can be reached via this site or eblizbeth9@gmail.com and will send photos of those three badges if wanted. Also still have other badges and formation signs mostly Australian, I no longer collect badges, to old to collect anything now