View Single Post
Old 25-06-10, 05:16 PM
peter616

Hi everybody, the numbers relate to the price list which is also a reference to what they are. The fittings i e lugs, etc were all bought by the gross which is quite interesting about the amount that had to be bought. As for feet on the lugs: yes it is interesting, as we've always assumed these were re-strikes; clearly, this is not the case.
Also, I had a sneak look at the Canadian Gaunts catalogue, & the lugs in there were similar to the English ones, if not exactly the same. As for sliders or vertical shanks, Gaunts did provide these for pagris at 5 shillings a gross. I have found some reference to sliders for the pagris in the 1900 catalogue but it's just the sales price; I've a couple of pages missing but hopefully, later in the year, I hope to get copies of the missing pages. I know that where pagris are concerned with the York & Lancs Regt, they got theirs in 1900. I found reference to them in the Regimental Archives of the units that went to the Boer War. As for our cap badges with sliders, 1910-11 is when there is reference to them. However, other regiments may have other dates or no pagris at all.
Peter