Thread: Hello.
View Single Post
Old 29-03-22, 11:58 AM

Hi Ralph , it was a pleasure doing business with you and I personally found you to be very courteous and professional.

While there may be case of the "collection" being historically significant and belonging in a museum it wasn't donated to one and numerous items which have in the past been donated have ended up being sold off by the museums.

As it is such an eclectic selection of badges I am sure that various collectors would be more than happy to acquire individual badges from their own specific areas.

Your eBay listing is clear about the source/history of these badges and if people are happy to buy them that is their choice , I find the "righteous indignation" strange coming from people who routinely buy/sell items which at some point in their history were possibly/probably from a "historically significant" collection.

Regarding some of the personal insults and aggresive/abusive comments in this thread , I feel it does not show this forum in a good light . Members here have asked for help identifying items then sold them on eBay without offering them to the forum first and I'm sure that (God forbid !) some of them were actually sold for a profit !

Poppy and British Legion Wanted