View Single Post
Old 16-04-12, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
I forgot to mention 2nd gurkhas.I meant items such as black rgj .I know that I'm missing some badges,I can think mf at least 3 or 4 that I haven't included. Evem without the raf your count seems low.
Hi Mike,

All the badges in my count are all derived from official documentation less 10 'possibles' which look like the real thing but which I have no doco for.

There are a lot of mistakes out there too in collector land which have mistakenly been wrongly incorporated into collections as 'officer' and 'cadet' issue items.

The only official black badges that I have official War Office and MoD documentation for are (please excuse code at front of unit name as I'm cutting and pasting):

AAB09 – 14th/20th King’s Hussars [Black] - bit of gold on this one too.
AAB14 – The King’s Royal Hussars - bit of gold on this one too.
AAE01 – 2nd King Edward VII’s Own Gurkha Rifles (The Sirmoor Rifles)
AAF14 – Royal Army Chaplains’ Department (Christian)
AAF15 – Royal Army Chaplains’ Department (Jewish)
AAP02 – Buckinghamshire ACF

Remember, that I am working at War Office and MoD level. Some subdued badges were commissioned at regimental level and worn on official duties but these were never sanctioned (as far as I can ascertain) by the War office or MoD. Most subdued badges however were commissioned by dealers for sale onto a unknowing public - eBay is full of these pieces.

Can I ask you what you are basing your count on?

Regards

Chris