View Single Post
Old 28-05-08, 08:37 PM

Alan, Colin.

If it was anodised aluminium and not this thin plate that is being used for knock offs as per our thread on fake items then it would be rare and I would love to see it. Colin, can you get your hands on it again.

I don't fret to much about lack of name on slider and am aware that genuine sliders with names are put on the fake items.

We need a web page with fake items set up too with obverse and reverse photos (on white background if possible). To keep the ligatous fakers happy we could call the page 'Staybrites Of The British Army - Contemporary Pieces - No accuracy to description given or implied' or similar.

Note that we don't use the words 'Anodised Aluminium'.

If anyone wants to do this via Picasa (which uis what I use) all you need to do is set up a Google Gmail account and you are off.

Good way to record your own personal collections too.

I can help out if any takers on loading up the photos etc.

By the way - I will be off line for most of weekend coming and next week as I'm going to hospital to have a full knee replacement. Dodgy tackle from some London Scottish rugby players back in 1982.

Hope to finish all outstanding correspondence/photos etc. (so if you have any do send them) by then.

If you want to send photos send to:

hagwalther at gmail dot com

Not putting the full proper address here as web spiders capture it for the spam merchants.

Regards

Chris