View Single Post
Old 11-04-22, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
Gents, at the risk of posting multiple individual badge photos ( it's possible to get a little snow blind when examining multiple badges of the same design), for interests sake and addition to this very interesting thread, attached my Fusilier Bde types and for completeness the badges that seguay into the fine Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

In addition to these I've added my Royal Fusiliers badges, which until Tim posted his images, it never occurred to me it's the same generic grenade and flames.

I have a round wire badge which has thicker north/south blades and not a rivet. I did consider it a repaired badge ( i.e. once had a rivet) - but no, never had a rivet, no scratch marks where a later bladed St George was added. Additionally - and it isn't clear on photos - the port in the grenade actually looks square not a round hole.

Regards all

Bess
It's not uncommon for cap and stable belt badges to have a square hole for the split tanged crests.

I should have a cap badge somewhere, flat pierced blade lug fittings with the crest mounted on the ball of the grenade by two round wire fittings through a square hole

Last edited by leigh kitchen; 15-04-22 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Clarification re square hole.