View Single Post
Old 04-02-23, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi JT

Of course! It "surfaced" some time ago and then went into hiding again. I'm not a badge collector per se but I thought it was "a bit of a larf" as Father Ted would say.

Mostly British badges but also some Commonwealth stuff and a lot were the type of stuff that you would think would be so common it wouldn't be worth doing....
Thanks again, DD.

JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn View Post
I have set up two albums showing badges produced by M AZAM & SONS of Lahore, Pakistan.

I own a number of the badges and other images are from Forum members’ collections. I have two catalogues from the early 1970s.

In terms of badges produced from the late 1960s, it seems likely that Regiments and Corps sent examples and ordered badges to be made for regimental bands and corps of drums which were not available from official sources.

The quality is variable but they are readily recognisable as at best ‘copies’. The flat lugs with a smallish hole for the split pin are a good indicator.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4318

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4320

I can scan more pages from the catalogues if needed.

Tim
Nice one, Tim. Thank you.

Whilst I acknowledge your album displays relatively modern badges, if you do happen to stumble across any pre-1924 Queen’s examples, I’d be very interested to see them.

Having been commissioned, as it were, and supplied with original/parent models from which to cast badges, these manufacturers had no reason to invent or create their own versions, of course. It’s a fascinating subject where the line between fake, copy, official etc., is not particularly well-defined. I suppose it’s all a matter of opinion and of collectors’ choice/preference as to what constitutes a ‘real’ badge.

If I make a raft of badges in my garden shed and they are worn by serving personnel, are they (sorry for the weak term) ‘real’?

Great stuff.

JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR View Post
I posted two Indian made KLR badges somewhere........
Julian,

Are these cast from known, recognisable KLR variants, or (as speculated) the casters’ own interpretations?

JT