View Single Post
Old 22-11-21, 06:48 PM

Smile Early days of collecting

Not long after my start into badge collecting an old (well he was to me) chap from Stratford, East London used to visit us for tea having walked seven on eight miles around the villages.

This happened once a year and him seeing my OXO tin of badges said he had some badges and he would bring them down on the next visit, when they arrived I was slightly disappointed as there was only one British cap badge, The Rangers, 12th London Regt and a Canadian General Service, all the others were Grenade/RF/CITYOFLONDON with some T/2's, all shoulder titles.

After a few years I moved these on to a lady who had an antique shop along with another title AMR which I have later found out was Army Motor Reserve and a few other "T" titles.

I have replaced the London titles, but have never seen an AMR, so if you have one I am interested . . !

Since my parents have died along with all of their generation I have found a postcard sent from Rifleman Pheasy, 12th London Regt, sent during the Great War, I still have his cap badge.

Rob